Spray Tan Top Tips to Know
Prep Your Skin
1. For best results, exfoliate before your session and focus on the driest areas — elbows, knees, hands, feet and the backs of your ankles. Try to avoid waxing or other spa treatments the day of your spray tan.
2. The day of your spray tan, don’t use moisturizers unless they are specifically formulated for sunless tanning (i.e., oil-free).
What to Wear
3. Avoid wearing perfumes, deodorant or makeup that can create a barrier for absorption. Avoid wearing tight clothing and shoes such as boots, socks or tights, which may rub off some of the spray tan and cause uneven results.
4. Wear dark, loose-fitting clothes. If possible, wear nail polish. Even if your nail polish is clear coat, it will help protect your nails from discoloration.
The Naked Truth
5. Once you’re set up in one of our private and secure tanning room, disrobe to your level of comfort. If you choose not to spray tan nude, wear a swimsuit or undergarment that you don’t mind possibly staining. Be sure to remove all jewelry and wear a protective hair cap. GlamTan California also supplies disposable undergarments, if preferred.
6. Avoid the following for the defined time period: * Bathing or swimming: At least 4 hours. * Activities that make you sweat heavily: At least 4 hours. * Chlorine: Swimming in chlorinated pools will quickly break down your spray tan. We suggest avoiding entirely, if possible.
Keep Your Glow Longer
7. Moisturize daily with a post-sunless product like one of these. Beware: Drugstore lotions may contain oils and other ingredients that can shorten the life of your spray tan.
8. Avoid body washes that contain harsh soaps, exfoliants or oils. These ingredients can also shorten the life of your tan. We recommend using soaps that are especially formulated to extend the life of your tan — like this daily body wash.
9. Avoid using pore strips, bandages and exfoliants (until you’re ready to spray again).